Anthony Jamal Bean, better known as (Chico Bean) is a American comedian, actor, singer, writer, rapper, and producer best known for being one of the recurring cast members since Season 5 of the improv comedy show Wild 'N Out on MTV, VH1 and MTV2. He is also known for creating and starring in "The Freestyle Funny Comedy Show" alongside former cast members Darren Brand and B-Daht. Bean is also known for being a part of the podcast "85 South Show" with cast members DC Young Fly, Karlous Miller and Clayton English.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Chico is a well-seasoned comedian that started his comedy career in Greensboro, North Carolina. After having a successful run as an opener for Chris Wiles, Bean became a founding member of the "Freestyle Funny Comedy Show" along with former cast members, Darren Brand and B-Daht. The group has performed stand-up at numerous comedy clubs, colleges, and universities, it wasn't until Chico had done a set for Nick Cannon's "Fresh Faces of Comedy" stand-up in which Nick Cannon discovered Bean at the show. Later having him audition for the fifth season of Wild 'N Out and Bean has been a cast member ever since, being known for his "Sucka MC Battles" with fellow cast member Karlous Miller and also his Wildstyle battle with rapper Safaree in the "T-Pain" episode in Season 7. Bean also had a guest appearance on the game show Trivial Takedown on TruTv in November 2017.
In 2020, Chico Bean, alongside DC Young Fly and Karlous Miller, hosted the 2020 BET Hip-Hop Awards.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- He has appeared in every episode in Seasons 9, 10, and 11, 10 episodes in Season 5, 13 episodes in Season 6, 15 episodes in Season 7, 20 episodes in Season 8, 22 episodes in Season 12, 24 episodes in Season 13, 23 episodes in Season 14, and 19 episodes in Season 15.
- He is the first "FFCS" member to become a cast member on the show, the second being his co-star, B-Daht (who joined in Season 6), and the third being his other co-star, Darren Brand (who joined in Season 7).
- He received the name "Chico" from his uncle.
- He auditioned for the show 3 times.
- He has a daughter.
- He was originally suppose to only star in 3 episodes in Season 5.
- He lost 6 family members to gun violence including his father. His father was killed on the streets of DC when he was only two years old.
- He performed a song called "Mouth and Lip Service" that is featured on the Wild 'N Out: Wildstyle Vol. 1.
- He was a writer for James Davis' pilot for E!.
- He gets mistaken for rapper Royce 5'9.
- He filmed a music video "Light Skin Charlamagne" for Common Sense with Charlamagne.
- He was discovered by Nick Cannon at the Fresh Faces of Comedy Stand-Up show as Nick noticed Chico talking to himself while Chico was redoing his act since he couldn't say any inappropriate things and Nick stopped him after his act to tell him that he's a very good comedian.
- He auditioned for the show three times before getting the call that he made it into the cast.
- In Season 7, he got internet attenion for dissing rapper/songwriter Safaree in the T-Pain episode while doing the third Sucka MC Battle between himself and Karlous Miller which has gotten over 8 million views on YouTube.
- He is one of the most known cast members.
- At the end of filming for Season 9, he was named "Most Valuable Player".
- Besides the Dinah Jane episode, he was mostly on Black Team in Season 14.
- Himself and fellow cast member Justina Valentine have hosted a special Wild 'N Out awards show.
- He was one of the Team Captains of an episode in Season 12.
- He is one of the first four cast members alongside Emmanuel Hudson, Karlous Miller and Conceited to have been on the show for ten seasons.